Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Moving Companies...

One time I had to move across the country from New York to Denver (yeah, it was a huge downgrade, not that Denver isn't awesome, it's just not New York). So I loaded up my little car with all of my crap in it, and believe me - it was a very tight fit. I had stuff strapped to the top and I couldn't see out of any windows, only the drivers side and half of the windshield. That's just how I roll I guess. Mostly I was just too cheap to go to a moving company. So I'm driving along, the drive is supposed to take around 28 hours total...yeah more than a day...and I'm right outside of Des Moines I get pulled over, except I can only tell because of my side view mirror. I wasn't speeding or anything. So the police officer tells me that he has a brother who owns a moving company in Des Moines and he can get me a really good deal. Otherwise, he's going to have to give me a ticket because I can clearly not see anything. I tell him that I am so close to my destination, and I really don't want to use a moving company in Des Moines...but he knows that Denver is actually not that close at all. So I end up calling his brother and I actually get a pretty good deal, and a cool trailer that I pulled behind my car. In the end it was the same amount of money I would've spent because I went without a hotel and just slept in my newly cleared out car :)

No comments:

Post a Comment