Friday, September 24, 2010

Andre the Hurricane



Have you ever seen a hurricane? Or as southerners call them, hurric'n. When I see a hurricane, shutters are sent down my spine. The same goes for storms. I like to call them storm shutters and hurricane shutters because I think the double entendre is funny. I used to live in the Florida area, around Dade county or Broward county, I can never remember which one it was exactly because they were so close to each other. But the hurricanes that came along that area are crazy. I also  lived in Texas, and there was a lot of hail and storms, but nothing that paralleled Florida, man. Probably because Florida is all peninsula and water, no actual substance. Florida is like a premature baby compared to Andre the Giant Texas.

But hurricanes are probably the scariest thing ever. Just about any situation where the outcome or variable is unpredictable scares the pants off me. And a lot of people actually. A burglar robs your house, its scary because you don't know what's going to happen. If you knew a burglar was going to stop by at exactly 8:02 just as American Idol was starting, and that he was just going to take your mom's vase and wouldn't hurt you, you wouldn't be that freaked. But once that burglar comes into your house, the freak out ensues because of the unpredictable.

No comments:

Post a Comment