Monday, September 27, 2010

I Want To Fly My Airplane.



Once, I really wanted to be a pilot. Obviously I don't have a pilots license, but I still wanted to see how far I could go in the interview process. So I started looking up all of these pilot jobs on craigslist. Not only did I get tons of aviation jobs inquiries with my fake pilot's license, tons of pilot jobs were open for me to apply to!

So I interviewed at a few places, and one place wanted me to fly a plane for my practical interview. I thought long and hard about what I was actually going to do once I got to the interview because I couldn't just go through with it, but I also couldn't pass up an opportunity to fly a plane. When the time came however I confessed to my falsities and told the guy at American Airlines that I was a punk kid writing a book about the job market, and about how verifiable your resume actually has to be. He said he admired my spunk and offered me a job as a hostess. I accepted, because I was pretty low on cash and when American Airlines offers you something, you accept.

No comments:

Post a Comment