Friday, September 17, 2010

A Frenchmen's Home Is Where Another Man's Wife Is - Mark Twain

I speak French, did you know?

Truth!

I took French all 4 years of high school, and then in college too, so I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty much fluent now! In class in high school we would always talk about French copper pots and pans because my French teacher was a crazy lady. We called her Big Bird because she was really tall and skinny and had short fluffy blond hair. (I'm not too proud of this, but it was high school, right?) She loved everything random that was even closely related to France or French culture. Like le creuset cookware? Those too! She used to bring in "French bread" that was only French because she made it in a le creuset pot. But I couldn't really complain too much, because we got free bread out of it. Sometimes we would persuade her to let us leave early so we could explore our inner french with french fries. And french toast if we were lucky. But back to copper pots, there are these French ones, called terre e provence I think. And they're really pretty! I'm glad she introduced me to at least one thing that will be useful for me later in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment