Friday, September 17, 2010

Plumb Away My Heart

Sacramento is one of my favorite cities ever. My mom grew up there, and now I have lots and lots of family and friends that live there. It's where I go to see concerts, it's where I go to buy kites. It is not where I go to see the Kings, because I don't like them. But it is where I go to see hippies. Lots and lots of hippies, my aunt being one of them. Granted, there are not as many hippies in Sacramento as there are in San Francisco or Berkeley, but it's still is pretty concentrated.


Speaking of hippies, my mom told me this story about a hippie she dated who owned a plumbing company in Sacramento. He performed all sorts of herbal remedies to clean peoples pipes and apparently his plumbing company was pretty successful.  He called it "Hippie Dippie Plumbing." Seriously. I couldn't make this stuff up. He would put plants and dirt in their pipes and then he'd meditate for a while. You'd see him around town, riding his bike with a garden in his basket. My mom only got one good picture of him (below), which is tragic because I think he might be my dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment